Have you ever been madly in love? Have you ever experience the feeling that you just can’t live one day without your love; you want to spend every waking moment with them; you dream about them; you eat, sleep, talk about them; ….and even when you are with other people, you just can’t help constantly thinking about the one you love and dreaming about how you can take this relationship to an even higher level.
Well, that’s exactly how you feel when you have a passionate love affair with your business. When you are so madly in love with your business and absolutely love what you are doing!
Do you also sometimes feel like this?
When I started my business, this was exactly how I felt. My business was the last thing on my mind before I went to sleep and the first thing on my mind the moment I woke up. In the beginning, it totally consumed everything I did and thought about. But then, something extraordinary happened. As time goes on and things were sorted out and I get to know the ins and outs of my business, the passion subdued to a comfortable love relationship – just like in a marriage.
However, as in any marriage, it’s important to keep the element of passion alive. It’s important to keep your love relationship with your business exciting and long-lasting, since you often spend more time in your business than with your family. If your love affair with your business is positive, it will have a positive impact on the rest of your relationships.
So, here are a few pointers to evaluate if you relationship with your business is positive.
- Is your business something you REALLY want to do? Or is it just a convenient way to get an extra income, or to be with your kids?
- Does your business put a smile on your face?
- Are you happy when you sit behind your PC every day performing the work you do?
- Are you happy with the clients you work with? Or is it a constant struggle, weighing you down so you dread getting up in the morning.
- Do you find it easy to do your work? Because it’s very hard to hate something that is very easy for you!
- Does the work you do spark your creativity? In other words, are you constantly thinking about ways to expand your horizon, to improve the way you do things, and come up with new, fun, and exciting ideas about performing business.
- Do you like to talk about your business? When you meet people, do you enjoy telling them about what you do and how you can make a difference in their lives?
By answering these questions honestly, you will have a good sentiment on how you really feel about your business.
The scary thing about entrepreneurship and having your own business is this: If you are doing something you hate or don’t like, you need to change it because no matter how hard you try you’ll never going to really excel at it.
And the extremely exciting thing about having your own business is this: If you are passionate about your business and love what you do, it shines though everything you do. People notice it and it becomes so much easier to attract passionate clients and grow your business to great heights.
“The most important thing that I’ve found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you’ll be a winner.” ~Steve Irwin
Take a piece of paper and a pen and write down all the things you love about your business. Think about all the aspects that you enjoy doing, that puts a smile on your face and that you will do all day long – even if you are not paid to do it. Put your list somewhere you can see it as a constant reminder of why you love your business so much.
NOTE: Is helping and supporting business owners with all their administrative tasks from the luxury of your own home, one of you passions / dreams? The e-book Jumpstart your Virtual Assistant business will assist you with all aspects of setting up a VA business from scratch, doing your business and marketing planning and having you ready to live your passion in no time.