It’s the most important thing you can do for your business.
If your business is not growing to your expectations, the problem may not lie in your business, it may be a result of your marketing mindset – how you think about- and respond to marketing.
I believe that marketing is by far the most important thing that you can do for your business.
Because if people don’t know you exist or how you can help them, they’re simply not going to come to you when they need your help.
The problem with marketing however is that lots of people are afraid of it or they sometimes have these inherent believes that marketing is a sleazy business – much like a door-to-door salesman trying to sell you something you don’t need.
But in actual fact, you don’t have to be afraid of marketing and it doesn’t have to be sleazy. It can be done ethically without sacrificing your own values.
Marketing is about building trust, building relationship with your prospective clients and making people aware of your company, your services and what you have to offer.
Marketing is also about having a genuine belief in the importance AND the value of your services and knowing that it can really help your clients. When you truly belief this, marketing is not an obstacle any more. It then becomes a passion because you just have to let potential clients know how you can help them!
This belief then becomes your marketing MINDSET.
Having a successful marketing mindset helps you to focus everything you do and everything you say into a common goal namely building awareness among your current and potential clients of what you can do for them and how they can benefit from making use of your services.
Thus, to create a strong marketing mindset, just follow these 6 steps:
1. Start with you. Build confidence in yourself, your services and your business. If you are confident about
- what you do and
- know how it can benefit people, it will show.
Potential clients will be able to see it and you’ll find it much easier to convey your marketing message to them.
2. Realize that when you do marketing, you’re not pushing people to buy what they don’t want.
- Instead, you offer potential clients a solution to the problems and pain they experience in their lives.
- Thus, you have to let them know you exist and that you can help them! What can be more satisfying than helping people?
3. With every marketing action you take, think about the following:
- Does this action / words build awareness among potential clients on how your services can benefit them;
- Is it something they really need and will give attention to;
- Does it help you achieve your marketing goals?
4. Refine your marketing processes continuously.
- Ask yourself how you can make it even better;
- As you gain confidence in one marketing technique, find new marketing ideas to try out;
5. Do some marketing activities daily. Nobody is born a great marketer. It takes practice, every day. But you know what, the more you practice, the better you will become at it.
Your business assignment for this week: Start developing your marketing mindset, by making a list of how potential clients can benefit from your services, what problems they have and what solutions you offer to their problems. Then plan your marketing message accordingly and choose at least one marketing tool (something you’re comfortable to use) to deliver this message to your clients.
If you are unsure how to do it or how to get started with creating your marketing strategy, I recommend getting a copy of “Jumpstart your Virtual Assistant Business”. It contains content rich marketing information to show you EXACTLY how to set up a simple, solid marketing strategy, so that you consistently fill your client pipeline and continually get new clients. You just follow and do the steps, one-by-one. It is that easy. You can get Jumpstart at http://www.be-virtual-assistant-wise.com/jumpstart