There are many reasons that motivate and inspire people to take action. Here’s just a snapshot of some of the more logical and somewhat crazy (but valid) reasons for becoming a Virtual Assistant.
10 Logical Reasons For Becoming a VA
- Having your own profitable business (from home)
- Not spending an arm and a leg on starting a business. Start-up costs relatively low – you probably have the most essential equipment already.
- Using your existing skills and experience to earn a good income.
- Having control over your income – no more waiting for a pay raise or promotion before you can increase your income.
- Creating your own job happiness – working with the clients you want and doing the work you like.
- Determining your own hours and work schedule – priceless
- Have the freedom to start small and the option to grow and expand your business as big as you want it to be.
- Being your own boss. Setting your own rules, goals, and objectives to fit your lifestyle and your needs.
- Creating job security – No more worrying about being redundant or being let go when a company is downsizing.
- Saving on transportation costs – no commuting to an office halfway across the city.
10 Crazy (but perfectly valid) Reasons For Becoming a VA
- Taking the kids to after-school sporting practice…or to the dentist – anytime you want.
- Being available for important “first’s” – that first word or the first step, the first day at school, the first sport event, the first excitement about a new girlfriend/ boyfriend.
- No more feeling guilty to take time off work to wait for maintenance people coming to your house.
- Having complete control over the design of your workspace.
- Taking a break anytime to do some exercise – even doing it next to your desk.
- No more sharing of toilets and wet hand towels!
- No more rushing to get yourself, kids and hubby ready and out the door in the mornings
- Less chaotic evenings for cooking a wholesome dinner.
- Saving on wardrobe costs – no need for expensive office clothes.
- Contributing to a “Greener” environment. No daily commuting; no emissions being released from your vehicle; less pollution and less traffic. Nice. Being a VA even means doing your part to decongest traffic on the roads and contributing to be “green” : )
What other reasons can you can think off that makes working from home so much fun. Share it with us in the comment box below.